Friday, October 23, 2009

Um...Mini Apple Pie??


You all missed out on a delicious desert! It doesn't have a name, and I am not creative enough to think of a name... so mini apple pie it is! It is really easy to make....

To make it, heat the oven to 350 degrees. In a saucepan, stir together 1 cup of brown sugar, 1 cup of water, 2 tablespoons of butter, and a pinch each of nutmeg and cinnamon. Bring this mixture to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes to make a syrup. Core and peel the top third of 4 baking apples, such as Cortlands. Place them in a baking pan, fill them with raisins and walnuts, then pour the syrup over them. Bake the apples for 40 minutes. Serve them warm -- topped with ice cream, if you like.

I used an apple peeler to core my apples so that is why my apples are sliced. I added the ice cream to the tops, which I think added to the flavor! Hope you will enjoy!

2 comments:

Megs said...

Sorry I missed it! Sounds delicious.

Jaime Lynne said...

Great heck, this looks delicious! We are going to have to try this one for sure! Thanks for sharing.