Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Cookies Out....but Tortilla Soup In!

So, I have to say the cookies didn't turn out so well, but the Tortilla Soup was Yummy!

2 Tbsp. oil
2 cloves garlic
1 onion, chopped
1 (28 oz.) can peeled chopped tomatoes with juice
1/2 cup green chili
1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
1 pound chicken, cooked and cut into small pieces
6 cups chicken broth
Juice of two limes
1 Tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt
Tortilla chips
Grated cheddar cheese

In a large pot, saute garlic and onion in oil until tender. Add tomatoes, green chilis, jalapeno and chicken. Cook for 5 min. Add the chicken broth, lime juice, cilantro, pepper and salt. Simmer for 30 min. Place tortilla chips in the bottom of the soup bowls and pour the soup on top. Garnish with grated cheese. Serves 6-8.

I have modified my recipe a little I use only 1 lime and add more cilantro. I also chop some cilantro to add in individual bowls for those who would like more. I like the chips to stay crunchy so I add them to the top of the soup instead of the bottom. I hope you enjoy!

2 comments:

Megs said...

Yes! Thanks for posting this. I love tortilla soup, and yours was delicious!

Jaime Lynne said...

The colder weather makes the perfect time to try this soup. Thanks for posting!