Monday, May 10, 2010

Peanut Butter Bars!

These are so wonderful! I didn't have a jelly roll pan and I made them in a 9x13 pan. I liked how nice and thick they turned out. The frosting is a little thick if you use it all, but man are they good!

3/4 C Butter or marg.
3/4 C Sugar
3/4 C Brown Sugar
3/4 C Peanut Butter
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla
3/4 t. Soda
1/2 t. Salt
1 1/2 cups oatmeal
1 1/2 Cups Flour

Beat together Butter, Sugars, PB, Eggs and Vanilla.
Mix in dry ingredients.

Spread in a Jelly roll pan and bake at 350 for 10- 15 minutes.
Dab on more PB and spread evenly. Let cool before frosting.

Chocolate Frosting
1 C sugar
5 T. Butter
1/3 C evaporated milk
Mix in a sauce pan and boil for 45 seconds. Remove from heat and add 1 Cup of chocolate chips, still until smooth. Spread onto bars and enjoy!

1 comment:

Jaime Lynne said...

These are crazy good! I made them for a birthday party and they were a big hit. I think I prefer them in 9X13 pan.

Thanks for sharing, Val!